HOMEMADE SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE : HOMEMADE SHORTBREAD
Homemade Shortbread Cookie Recipe : Easy No Bake Cookies
Homemade Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- Shortbread is a type of unleavened biscuit (cookie) which is traditionally made from one part white sugar, two parts butter, and three parts oatmeal flour.
- Made at home, rather than in a store or factory
- made or produced in the home or by yourself; "homemade bread"
- Made in the home; Made by oneself; In a simple style as if made at home
- homeMADE is an Australian reality television series that airs on the Nine Network. It premiered on 10 May 2009, and episodes air twice weekly on Tuesdays at 7:30pm and again at 9:30pm. The series is presented by David Heimann, who also acts as a mentor to the contestants.
- A recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish.
- A medical prescription
- directions for making something
- A set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required
- The Recipe is the third studio album by American rapper Mack 10, released October 6, 1998 on Priority and Hoo-Bangin' Records. It peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and at number 15 on the Billboard 200.. All Media Guide, LLC. Retrieved on 2010-01-01.
- Something which is likely to lead to a particular outcome
My semi-famous bacon shortbread. This batch doesn't contain any pecans, they are all bacon, all the time.
oven @ 350 degrees F
x 1/2 (yield about 100 US half-doller coin sized rounds)
Unsalted butter - 1 1/2 sticks
Cooled, solidified bacon fat* (save it from cooking the bacon) - 4 tbsp
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup + 8 tsp
Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Flour - 2 cups
Pecans, toasted - 1/2 cup chopped
Crispy cooked bacon* - enough to make 1/2 cup finely chopped (roughly 1/2 lb)
- Cook the bacon* until it is crispy, drain and cool on paper towels,
chop into tiny pieces
- Save and cool the bacon fat (cook more bacon and eat it if you don't
think there will be 4 tbsp)
- Cream together room temperature** bacon fat (not liquidy!), butter, brown
sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy
- Add flour, pecans and bacon, mixing until all the flour is incorporated and everything is moist.
- Shape into two logs on/in plastic wrap
- Refrigerate until completely cooled (freezes well!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Slice 1/4" thick
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, they don't have to be too
far apart as they don't spread out much
- Bake until centers feel almost firm when poked (check after 8
minutes, they will need a little more time) and just barely turning golden brown on the edges
*I find that baking the bacon on an unlined sheet pan at 350 degrees F produces a much more consistent crispness in each piece, and renders a cleaner, clearer fat.
**If the bacon fat is too cold when you start creaming, it will stay in lumps longer than everything else and need to be worked out. If it's too liquid, it won't get fluffy enough.
...perhaps because the recipe calls for two sticks.
Hahaha, I feel a little like Paula Deen when I make these.
These were the first batch I ever made. I had a serious craving for shortbread and I decided to try to bake some cookies. They were delicious (of course), but I'm still fiddling a little bit with the recipe.
sugar cookie nutrition facts
betty crocker cookie
best steam cooker
cheap pressure cookers
vegan pressure cooker recipes
ice cream cookie recipe
choosing a slow cooker
work in the cook islands
DESTROOPER COOKIES : DESTROOPER « HOME » HOW TO MAKE COOKIES FROM SCRATCH EASY - HOW TO MAKE COOKIES
Post a comment