LEMON CHICKEN SLOW COOKER : SLOW COOKER
LEMON CHICKEN SLOW COOKER : C# REMOVE COOKIE.
Lemon Chicken Slow Cooker
- Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world, but rarely in China, all of which feature chicken and lemon.
- A slow cooker, Crock-Pot (a US trademark that is often used generically), or Slo-Cooker (a UK trade mark that is often used generically) is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that maintains a relatively low temperature compared to other cooking methods (such as baking, boiling, and frying
- Am electric duck oven or casserole used to cook stews and soups slowly. Also known as a crock pot.
- A large electric pot used for cooking food, esp. stews, very slowly
- A countertop electrical cooking appliance that cooks food with low, steady, moist heat. It consists of a lidded round or oval cooking pot made of glazed ceramic or porcelain, surrounded by a housing, usually metal, containing a thermostatically controlled electric heating element.
Ok, nothing glamorous about lentils, I know. Recipe is just titled Dal and is from "The Gourmet Slow Cooker" book.
Basically you use red or yellow lentils and add a little less than double the amount of liquid. I used about half chicken broth and half water. Saute some onions and garlic in olive oil and add to pot. Book recommends fresh ginger of which I had none on hand. I decided to add a bit of bayleaf instead and removed it after cooking.
I cooked these for just about 3.5 hours on low and they were cooked as much I would have wanted them. They still had a wee bit of tooth to them without being hard.
It's served with greek style yogurt mixed with chopped fresh cilantro, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. The book also recommends some serrano chiles for spice.
Both of us really enjoyed it and ate it for lunch and dinner. When Leo had them for dinner, he substituted the yogurt mix for feta and a touch of lemon. He said the lentils smelled just like his Italian grandmother used to make when he was young. This is actually my first time ever cooking lentils like this and I liked them quite well. I normally use french green or baby lentils in soups but I haven’t ever served them on their own. This is just a crazy cheap and filling dish that gave us a nice change from a lot of our meat heavy dishes we’ve been eating lately.
fresh tomato soup for dinner.
makes 6 servings.
5 cups ripe diced tomatoes (about 5 medium tomatoes, peeled if desired )
1 tbs. tomato paste
4 cups or 1 32-oz. container chicken broth
1 carrot, grated
i onion, minced
1 tbs. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried basil
pepper to taste
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 bay leaf
1. combine all ingredients in slow cooker
2. cover and cook on low 6 hours. stir once while cooking.
3. remove bay leaf before serving.
note: to thicken the soup slightly, you may want to add a 6-oz. can of tomato paste instead of just 1 tbs.
my notes: i messed up with the carrot, but i think the soup will be alright (it smells good). honey is making grilled cheese.
recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies
slow cook curry
rooster cookie cutter
how to cook pasta dishes
milk chocolate chip cookies
chili recipe slow cooker
shamrock cookie cutters
Post a comment